We recently attended 11Street Malaysia’s truth about online shopping event and we learnt a few things. 11Street Malaysia invited us to share some insights based on a recent research they had carried out in the Malaysian online purchasing populace.
For a short abridged version of information there are 3 main takeaways
- 80% of the respondents revealing to have shopped online and 59% who shop online at least once a month or more frequently
- 95% of the respondents rated a ‘5’ and above when asked about their satisfaction level with online shopping, and summarises the fact that Malaysian online shoppers are more than happy with their online shopping experience.
- Top 3 categories that consumers will likely explore are home décor & furniture, household & groceries, and health & supplements.
Moving on to the less abridged version, there are some main points we got from the event listed below:
- The research was based on 3, 507 respondents in the 14 states in Malaysia across different income, age, relationship and household income levels.
- 83% of the survey respondents have shopped online with a 1 to 0.73 ratio in favour of the females who participated.
- As regards to future potentials in online purchase, East Malaysian consumers are 2.6x more likely than those in Peninsular Malaysia to buy online.
- For a snapshot of Malaysian shoppers – 59% shop online at least once a month or more frequent, 80% shop on their smartphones, 54% prefer to pay via online transfer.
- When it comes to the must purchased categories on 11Street, Fashion and Beauty leads while Electronics comes after followed by Sports and Hobbies. Essentially this data indicates that lifestyle and standardised products move faster.
- Home Decor & Furniture, Household & Groceries as well as Health & Supplements are categories 11Street feels consumers are likely to explore in 2017.
- Fun facts on product purchases include that 48% of Fashionistas are young, single and female, for every 1 purchaser of electronics in East Malaysia there are 5 in Peninsular Malaysia.
After sharing those wonderful insights, they also shared a new promo period called Ong-some. This is in line with the holiday period as well as Chinese new year starting from December 15 to February 28 2017.
With Ong-some, RM88,888 worth of prizes are up for grabs with up to 90% discounts from 8.6 million products from across 28, 000 sellers on the platform.
And there you have it, this were the main takeaways we picked up from the event. To take part in the Ong-some promo, just head on over to 11Street and get shopping.